The Story So Far
Dragon Princes now has quite a complicated storyline! With every game influenced by those that came before it, and influencing those that are yet to come, there's a lot going on. You don't need to know the story across the multiple games to appreciate what's going on in your game, but if you're interested, this is a quick summary of the entire thing so far. As more games get played, I'll update this post!
- The mercenaries of the Company of the Wolf stopped the bronze dragon Generale Corragio from conquering the Salassi Valley in north-western Tirenia. (The Company of the Wolf)
- The Company of the Wolf discovered the ancient system of monoliths designed by the last gold dragon emperor to channel magic and destroyed it before it could fall into the hands of the red dragon Rubina. Rubina and the company are killed in the explosion. The fall of the monolith network sends a surge of magic throughout Tirenia. (The Company of the Wolf)
- Rubina's skull was claimed by the preacher Fra Salvatore, who started touring it around Tirenia as evidence that dragons can be defeated. He urges people to rise up and fight against the dragons. (The Company of the Wolf)
- When Rubina's father, Morignus the red dragon ruler of Selenizia, learned about the death of his daughter, he went into a destructive, paranoid rage. This led to a revolution, where Morignus was overthrown by his daughter, Gianetta. (Carnevale)
- During the revolution, a rare conjunction of three moons, combined with the destruction of the monoliths, led to a huge surge in magical energy. A demon attempted to use this magic to destroy Vanzenia but was stopped by the heirs of the de Benicio family. (Carnevale)
- Gianetta started expanding Vanzenia's influence inland, annexing Eridano and conquering the della Squala princes. (A future game, to be written!)
- In Auromia, the fall of the monolith and the triune conjunction freed some of the ancient fairies who used to pretend to be gods. They began fighting amongst one another. (The Ruins of Auromia.)
- In Fiumenze, the artist Michele di Lodovico used the magical surge to create a living man out of marble. His rival, Bartolomeo, discovered this and made his own living statue. Both Michele and Bartolomeo were killed by the statues, who escaped and started making more living statues. (Death of an Artist)
- Red dragon agents try to steal the reliquary of Fiumenze, but are thwarted. (Double Cross)
- In Fiumenze, a blue dragon egg hatched and was raised by a street thief, who taught it to become a good person. (Street Rat)
- In Fiumenze, mercenaries help foil an assassination attempt on Fra Salvatore at the house of Conte Galeazzo, and stop a rising of the living dead. Meanwhile, tensions with neighbouring Ascia are running high. (Fiumenze Nights)
- Unhallowed - corpses possessed by demons - attack Medilano. This leads to fighting over the city between the bronze, silver, and red dragons. Ultimately, the red dragons are narrowly defeated, and the silver dragons surrender their city to the bronze dragons of Staglia, leaving them the undisputed masters of south-western Tirenia. (The Siege of Medilano)
- A battle between elementals and dragons leaves the black dragon Nero of Kymaiopoli dead. (Apprentices of Tirenia)
Image: 'Journey of the Magi.' Benozzo Gozzoli, c. 1460.